• Decrease Text Size
  • Increase Text Size

  Hello Oly Bears and welcome to the 2021-22 School Year. We are so excited to begin this school year!


If you are a new student or a senior and need to make an appointment,  you may contact Patty West at (360) 596-7004.  Please keep in mind we have New Student Orientation on August 31st from 9-10:30 a.m. for all new students grades 10-12.  New 9th graders will attend the Freshmen Orientation on August 31st.  Appointments are typically reserved for anomalies.


Walk-ins will also be available for current students on August 26th 12-1:30 p.m., August 30th 8-10:30 a.m., and 12-1:30 p.m.


Schedules will be available via Skyward on September 3rd.  Schedule changes will only be allowed for students that are academically misplaced and must be requested via the schedule change form.  Completed forms can be emailed to your counselor.


Emails asking for changes without the form will not be processed.


School Closure Counseling Messages

Archived messages regarding school closure sent through Skyward: 

3/24/2020 message:  OHS Counseling Message 3_24_2020.pdf


Frequently Asked Questions


How do I make an appointment with a counselor?

Appointments are made through Calendly - an online application.  Click here for contact info for Counselors.  Next to the counselor's photo click "Meet with..." to schedule an appointment. 

How can I get a progress report?

Parents can keep track of their student's academic progress utilizing our online grading system. Current data about student classes is available by using Family Access. Parents can also email their student's teachers with questions and concerns. Semester grades are finalized and become an official grade on the student's transcript at the end of each semester.

Family Access Log In

How can I find out what my student's homework is if they miss class?

Many teachers have websites that will list schedules, upcoming assignments, tests, etc.  To find teachers websites or contact your student's teachers directly, go to the staff directory at OHS Staff Contact List. 

How do I get my student's name off the military recruiter lists?

By law, the district must provide military services with student information unless the parent/guardian requests otherwise in writing. The form to request this is available in the Student Rights and Responsibilities Handbook given to each student at the beginning of each school year. Usually the deadline to do this is mid-October; check with the high school for the exact date. Signed forms should be returned to the school and must be redone each year. Contact your counselor with questions.

How can my school counselor help me?

By Derek Bonaldo, OHS Counselor

School counselors aim to help students thrive academically, personally and socially, and assist them in exploring their options after high school. Our mission is supporting academic, career and social-emotional development with all students. We do all of the above by engaging with students and parents offering direct and indirect support.


Examples of direct student services include instruction, appraisal and advisement, professional assistance during times of transition or stress, or other situations that may negatively affect students. Indirect student services include consultation and collaboration with parents or school staffers on behalf of the student and referrals.


We are a vital member of the education team. Outside of the classroom, we serve in a supporting role. We like to think that we are really the heart of the school because we know the students, we know the families, we know the classrooms and we know the school staff.


We hope by now that we have already talked to you in individual counseling sessions about what your abilities are, and what your skills are, and what your passions are. But if not then please make an appointment. It’s not too late. We continue to work on matters such as scheduling, transcripts and college applications right up through graduation. We can also help with the college search, discussing financial aid and of course writing letters of recommendation. We can help with exploring options such as attending a local community college, joining the workforce or enlisting in the military.

Many students and parents at OHS think that they must go to a four-year school, but we know that's not necessarily the right journey for everyone. We are here for all students to find a path after high school to include those students who may struggle academically. Don’t ever be embarrassed to ask for help.


For students who have been struggling the first semester, we can help connect you with resources or zoom with your teachers to identify problem areas. Beyond your individual student needs, we can also serve as a valuable resource for your family. Counselors can offer your family strategies on better connecting with you and recommend family therapy if there are serious issues at home. Parents can always arrange an appointment if needed.


Of course we can also provide one-on-one help to discuss any and all personal issues such as bullying, or  crisis counseling. We are here for academic and career development as well as social and emotional issues. We know this year we have had a big increase in anxiety and stress and maybe trauma that our students have been experiencing due to Covid-19. 


Although we work with students on issues related to stress and anxiety, we are not mental health professionals. We can’t provide long-term therapy but we do have resources for issues beyond our expertise and can make referrals. Please don’t be afraid to reach out if you are suffering from anything related to long-term sadness, depression, eating disorders, substance abuse, or high levels of anxiety for a long period of time.


Remember that we chose this profession because we want to connect and because we want to help to make a difference in your lives.


Contact info for all Counselors here