Inserting an Uploaded File -- PDF, jpeg ect.
These directions assume you have uploaded your file into the File Manager section
1. Go to the uploaded fie in File Manager.
2. You need to "copy the link location" as the first step in adding the new file to your webpage.
- If you are using a Mac, hold down the CONTROL key on your keyboard and click the mouse on the title you just loaded.
- Select "Copy Link Location" In this example the file is called--- howto.pdf
- If you are using a PC, right click on the file title that you just uploaded and select "Copy Link Location"
3. Now go back to CONTENT MANAGER. (Click on the "Content Tab" at the top of Web Manager)
4. Select "EDIT PAGE" for the page where you want to add the file/link
5. Inside the page you wish to edit, type the text you would like to title the link.
For example ---
How to Upload a File
6. Select the text you typed.
7. Click on the LINK icon
8. Go up to the edit buttons and click on the link button
9. A window will pop up that looks like this.
Paste the "Link location" that you copied earlier into the box that says "Link URL"
- On a Mac -- Hold down the "Command" key and "V" OR use the Edit Menu to paste
- ON a PC -- Right Click and Paste OR Edit Menu to paste
- Leave the TARGET box alone
- The "TITLE" is most often the name of the link. You could leave it blank.
10. Click the INSERT button
- The introduction you typed will now be blue and underlined.
11. Click the SAVE CHANGES button
You can see if it worked by clicking on VIEW PAGE