User Group Descriptions and Costs
Who can rent the facility?
Anyone. There are 3 standard classifications of users: OSD-sponsored groups, Community groups (non-profit), and Commercial groups (for-profit). Descriptions are below.
What is included?
All rentals except those designated as "Room Only" have access to all PAC facilites and the Standard Technical Package. Personnel including a technical manager and technical crew are also required.
Rate details for Community (non-profit) and Commercial events are available here.
Prices below are to be used for general reference only and include only the Standard Technical Package.
Prices below do not include custodian.
OSD-sponsored user groups
OSD-sponsored groups do not pay for facility rental, but will be responsible for personnel costs. Typically this is a flat fee of $200 for a typical 3-5 hour event (including set-up time). It includes the manager and minimum crew of 2-3 to set up and operate staging, sound, lighting, and rigging. This is variable subject to the specific needs of your event. Longer events pay $65-75 per hour for event personnel. Depending on the day, a custodian may also be required. Events that require no special technical services (lighting, sound, projection, staging, or rigging) may not require technical personnel if arranged in advance.
To qualify as an OSD-Sponsored event, All of the following criteria must be met:
- All funds raised will go directly to the Olympia School District or OSD programs
- Event costs will be paid by OSD departments, clubs, etc.
- Non-public events (staff meetings, conferences, seminars, competitions, bargaining group meetings, staff development, etc.) are for the exclusive benefit of OSD students and/or staff.
Examples of OSD-sponsored events:
- OSD staff development activities.
- OSD fundraising activities. Scholarship fundraising by a non-profit organization does not qualify.
- Class or school-based curricular activities (i.e., music concerts, class films, etc.). Individual activities such as culminating projects, recitals, etc. do not qualify.
- ASB-sponsored activities that raise funds for sanctioned OSD/ASB programs
- OSD or ASB-sponsored activities that provide a public service or community education purpose at no cost to the audience (i.e., informational forums, board meetings, etc.).
Community user groups (Non-profit)
Non-profit groups will pay for facility use as well as event technical personnel. There is a booking fee for each non-consecutive day, and an additional custodian will be required on weekends and holidays, and may be required during the day during vacation times.
"Room Only" Events (no technical systems or crew) will cost approximately $75/hour plus a $125 booking fee.
Very small events will typically cost approximately $115/hour plus a $125 booking fee.
Typical medium-sized events will typically cost approximately $125/hour plus a $200 booking fee.
A typical 4-hour medium-sized event will be approximately $750.
For more information see link above
Commercial/Private/For-profit user groups
Private and for-profit groups will pay for facility use as well as event technical personnel. There is a booking fee for each non-consecutive day, and an additional custodian will be required on weekends and holidays, and may be required during vacation times.
"Room Only" Events (no technical systems or crew) will cost approximately $105/hour plus a $125 booking fee.
Very small events will run approximately $145/hour plus a $125 booking fee. There is a 4 hour, 3 crew minimum for the main auditorium.
Typical medium-sized events will run approximately $185/hour plus a $200 booking fee.
A typical 4-hour medium-sized event will be approximately $950.
For more information see link above
What cost variables are there?
Complex technical set-ups will invariably cost more because they require more time and/or more personnel. This includes the use of wireless microphones, audio monitors, and multiple-microphone set-ups; video; custom lighting and/or rigging needs. In addition, the booking fee is dependent on how much of the stage is required for the event.