Olympia High School
1302 North Street, Olympia, WA 98501
Phone: 360-596-7000 --- Fax: 360-596-7001
OLYMPIA HIGH SCHOOL PHILOSOPHY - Mission Statement
We, the Olympia High School Community, are dedicated to personal excellence and responsible citizenship.
- Graduating students will be responsible, competent, and contributing members of society who are prepared to lead successful lives.
- The primary role of teachers will be to facilitate and inspire student growth.
- Teachers will be competent, valuable professionals who work collaboratively to provide supportive, student-centered instruction.
- The curricula will be intentional, diverse, relevant, and dynamic.
- The administration will consist of supportive, consistent, strong leaders focused on student learning.
- Discipline issues will be handled respectfully, swiftly, consistently, and fairly.
- The most important criterion for measuring our success will be the achievement of our students and graduates.
- Our school will be recognized in the community as a provider of quality instruction based upon respect, achievement, and integrity.
- Olympia High School will be recognized in the community as a school based upon respect, achievement, and integrity.
- We will work collaboratively to develop instructional strategies, design methods of assessment, pursue professional development, and advance the vision of the school.We value life-long learning, commitment to community involvement, and quality work.
- Graduating students will be responsible, competent, contributing members of society who are prepared to lead successful lives.
- The administration will support a productive learning environment.
- We will increase the percentage of students to graduate from Olympia High School.
- We will maximize a student achievement on Essential Academic Learning Requirements (EALRs) and state mandated requirements.
- We will create an atmosphere that challenges students to higher academic and ethical standards.
Official School Name: OlympiaHigh School
School Colors: Blue and White
Enrollment: 1850 Students, AAAA school classification
Organization: AAAA school classification
Senior High School: Grades 9-12
Established: 1907, present building constructed in 1961, renovated 1999
Main Office Telephone: (360) 596-7000
Attendance Office: Telephone: (360) 596-7003 Fax: (360) 596-7001
Website Information: email@example.com
New Student Registration
When a new student family moves into the Olympia High School attendance area, the family should contact the Olympia High School Counseling Center to make an appointment to enroll. (360-596-7004). Bring proof of residency (rental agreement, mortgage agreement) to that meeting. Registration forms will be provided at that time. Registration meetings are not scheduled during July. Following the meeting, paperwork should be completely filled out and returned to the Counseling Center as soon as possible. Click for the Counseling Center link and additional information.
A comprehensive high school incorporating grades nine through twelve, Olympia High School has the capacity to serve approximately 2,000 students in academic, vocational, and special needs programs geared to meet students' needs both during their high school years and after graduation. The school also offers students a broad range of extra-curricular activities including athletics, clubs, and co-curricular organizations.
- 86% scored 3, 4, or 5 on AP tests
- Drop out rate:1.47%
- Graduation Rate:93.3%
- SAT Score Average: verbal = 560, Math = 556
- 58 Vocational Class Offerings
- Cooperative agreement with New Market Vocational Skills Center
- Alternative programs provided in the areas of: Direct Instruction in Reading and Math, Academic Contractual Learning, and Social Affective Block for students with adjustment needs.