OLYMPIA HIGH SCHOOL
Next Class Begins February 2017
What: Driver’s Education Class
- Must be 15 years old by first day of class
When: April 17 – May 10
Classroom Times: Monday through Thursday 2:30 - 4:30pm
Drives: Total of 6 hours of driving time must be scheduled, outside of class.
Drives are by appointment
* A missed drive costs $25.00 !
Where: Olympia High School
Cost: $430, sign up in the main office
Tuition includes DOL Knowledge Test!
Instructor: Lem Elway (360) 969-0456 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Registrar: Wendy Rae (360) 596-7010 or email@example.com
Sign up with Mrs. Rae in the Main Office!
Mandatory Parent Night:
We will have an educational parent night on Tuesday, April 18th at 6:00 pm in the OHS Library. Special guest speaker with be the Thurston County Coroner.
Before class begins:
- Go to the Washington State Department of Licensing website http://www.dol.wa.gov/ and click on the “Get a driver license” link. Follow the prompts for “Steps to getting your first license” to pre-apply online. (If you already have a Washington State ID, you do NOT need to do this.)
- Email your permit/confirmation number/State ID number to Mrs. Rae at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Within ten days of class starting, Mrs. Rae will submit the electronic waiver that verifies you are enrolled in an approved Driver’s Education class.
- Go into any DOL office to get your permit and begin driving!
After the class: OHS does not offer the DOL Driving Test. You will need to go to another driving school to take the driving requirement. We do not provide you with a certificate of completion, but all information is entered electronically into the DOL website within days of finishing class.
Questions? Stop by and ask and/or call or email!