Foreign Exchange Student Application Guidelines
- Applications may be submitted from February 1 through March 31 or until all available placements are filled.
- Please read the Qualifications & Application Guidelines for further information.
Inbound Student Forms, Procedures and Important Dates.
- Accepted FEX Student & Program Cover Sheet. (PDF)
- Please download and complete this coversheet for your student applications once they have been selected.
- Registration Packets
- Registration materials are not available online due to school policy. Host families/Program Coordinators will be notified of the pick up and due dates for all required registration materials.
- Registration Packets include, but are not limited to:
- Registration Card
- Emergency Contact Lists
- Immunization Records
- OHS FEX Cover Sheet
- FEX Policy Statements
- School Rules/Regulations
- Internet Permission Forms
- Completed packets are due in late Spring due to our course registration schedule (typically in May).
- Failure to complete these materials in time for Spring enrollment may result in the cancellation of placement.
Important Dates (dates vary; time estimates given)
- Mandatory Foreign Exchange Student Orientation - third week in August
- Fall Sports Practice/training - Beginning/Middle of August, determined by sport/coach
- First day of classes - Wednesday after Labor Day
- Foreign Exchange Football Game - First home game of the school year
- Fall Foreign Exchange Student Dinner - October
- OHS International Dinner (April/May)
- Closing Event for the OHS Group (June)
Please note: The Olympia School District does not award diplomas for any exchange students. Students may participate in graduation ceremonies if they have successfully met academic effort/requirements. Students are awarded an honorary diploma for successful completion of the school year and a certificate of attendance. In addition, official transcripts will be mailed the summer following graduation to each individual exchange student for their records.
For further information, please email:
Foreign Exchange Student Coordinator
Anna (Germany), Kiara (USA), Rasmus (Finland), Sara (Colombia), Gizem (Turkey) and Marco (Slovakia)