Mr. Roth's Physical Science Page:
1. Click this link: http://phet.colorado.edu/en/simulation/forces-and-motion-basics
This page on Mr. Roth's web site is designed to help students (as well as parent/gaurdians) throughout the year in his Physical Science class. The categories listed in blue to the left have been organized to locate specific information (and hopefully answer most questions) for the course.
Click on any of the links listed below to download and print a copy!
- Physical Science Syllabus pdf.
- Blank Scoresheet (front page) pdf.
- Blank Scoresheet (back page) pdf.
- Blank Scoresheet (pg 3 & 4) pdf.
- Community Service Form pdf.
- OHS Student Laboratory: Safety Contract pdf.
- 9 Ways Student Succeed in Biology.pdf
Physical Science Course Scope & Sequence
(Time frames are approximate.)
Unit 1: Science Methods (Sept.-Oct.)
Project: Scientist Brochures
Unit 2:Machines, Work and Energy (Oct.–Jan.)
Chapters 2, 3 and 5
Project: Mousetrap powered cars
Unit 3: Electricity and Magnetism (Feb. - Apr.)
Chapters 16 and 17
Project: Electricity Production Posters
Unit 4: Chemistry (Apr.. – Jun.)
Chapters 8, 10, 12, 13 and 14
Project: Element mini report
Unit 5: Waves: Sound and Light (Jun - end)
Chapters 24, 25
Project: Musical Instruments (If time allows)