Homework: These assignments are assigned on the following dates and unless noted otherwise, are DUE on the next class date.
School supplies: assignment notebook, paper, organization system (binder(s), folders...I don't care...something that works for you), ruler, calculator/phone, a colored pen for grading
Animal study guide (optional, see the yellow highlighted parts)
- Read and take notes on pg. 732 (feedback inhibition) and section 25-2
- PRINT: Animal coloring
- REVIEW: Protostome/deuterostome review (go to interactive review, chapter 23, Animated Biology, Animation 1)
- You choose something to do in chapters 25-29. (ex: 2 AD, a TP, chapter mystery, RTN…anything that will take you about 10 minutes and is written)
- Read and take notes on section 27-2
- REVIEW: Cnidaria movie (16 min)
- Read and take notes on section 27-3
- REVIEW: Nematode movie (hint: download and use Real Player to view)
- REVIEW: Annelida movie (15 min)
- Quizlet review
- REVIEW: Echinodermata movie (15 min)
- REVIEW: Arthropod divisions (go to interactive review, chapter 24, Animated Biology, Animation 1)
- REVIEW: Chordata movie (18 min)
- REVIEW: Lamprey movie (45 sec) (in Spanish)
- REVIEW: Eddie and the hagfish (6 min)
- REVIEW: Hagfish (1 min) EEH SLIME
- INTERESTING: Amazing Lyre bird (3 min)
- INTERESTING: Penguin movie (4 min)
- Finish coloring
- Study for test
ANIMAL TEST 5/3
TERM PROJECT DUE 5/8
4/25 – Why would sponges be unable to live on dry land?
4/26 – Name and explain the three different tissues.
4/27 – Explain the difference between acoelomate, pseudocoelomate, and coelomate
4/28 – AD pg. 828
5/1 – What is your favorite animal? Which phylum is it in?
5/2 - Imagine you had a late game/performance/show and you got home at 10 pm. You had homework from 3 classes to do that would each take you 30 minutes to complete. Your bedtime was 11:00, so you decided to do 2 of the 3 classes of homework and go to bed. In this scenario, list a constraint, a trade-off, and an unintended consequence.
5/4 - List all the ways we use animals