Welcome to the webpage for the Olympia High School chapter of National Honor Society.
- For information on NHS membership, please contact Dan Bryan in room 406 or email him at email@example.com.
- Current members are reminded that the bulletin board outside room 406 is the place to go to find out about current activities.
- Our Facebook page is also up and running and announces when new activities are available.
New Member Induction Process
Sophomores with a GPA of 3.6 or higher will be sent an invitation to apply at the beginning of the school year. The application process involves writing a one-page essay, providing information on previous leadership experience and passing a staff evaluation of character. Once this process has been completed, there will be an induction ceremony for all new members celebrating this acheivement and clarifying all expectations of NHS members.
Maintaining Your Membership
1. Members must participate in 4 community service activities that are officially sponsored by NHS. Tutoring is the only activity that can count for more than one service credit.
2. Members must maintain a cummulative GPA of 3.5 or higher. Members who do fall below this standard will have one semester in order to bring their grades back up.