Week of 9/26
- Read Beowulf through 34 for Monday, 9/26.
- Finish Beowulf by Tuesday, 9/27.
- Test on Beowulf: Thursday, 9/29.
- We will be examining the college application essay next week, so gather your prompt(s)!
- College Application Essay: You will be turning in a rough draft that I will edit; to receive the 50 points, be sure to complete a final draft and turn in by January 13. (Include the prompt and the date you would like the edited essay back.)
Week of 9/19
- Read Prologue through fitt 9 for Monday, 9/19. We will read 10 - 12 in class.
- Read through fitt 21 for Wednesday,9/21.
- BECAUSE I AM SICK, PLEASE REDUCE YOUR READING TO THE FOLLOWING -- Read through fitt 27 for Friday, 9/23. (I'd really just like to watch a movie . . .)
Week of 9/12
- Due Thursday, 9/15: Grendel poster.
- AUTHOR BIO REQUIREMENTS: Please prepare a poster for your assigned author and day (Tuesday or Thursday). The poster should include:
- PICTURE OF AUTHOR
- NAME OF AUTHOR
- DATE OF BIRTH/DEATH
- FAMOUS WORKS
- NOTORIOUS FACTS or SCANDALOUS STORY. (Elaborate orally)
- GREATEST CONTRIBUTION TO BRITISH LITERATURE (e.g., wrote the 1st dictionary; started a literary movement, etc.)
- SAMPLE OF THEIR WRITING (This is the only thing that is NOT placed on the poster.)
- Bring in tea-cup or mug for Tea Day, Friday, 9/16.