Week of 10/5
- Final discussion on Beowulf, Monday, 10/5.
- Test on Beowulf, the elements of Anglo Saxon poetry, & the "History of the English Language": Tuesday, 10/6.
Week of 9/28
- Read 19 - 23 for Tuesday, 9/29.
- Read 24 - 31 for Wednesday, 9/30.
- Read 32 -35 for Thursday, 10/1.
- Read 36 - 43 (the end) for Friday, 10/2
- Please read and sign the formal syllabus for Friday, 10/2.
- TEA DAY: Friday, 10/2!
Week of 9/21
- Read "Prologue" and chapters 1 - 9 of Beowulf for Tuesday, 9/22.
- 5th PERIOD ONLY: Collect "resume" information from chapters 4 - 9 (make notes) that can be added to the group resume on Wednesday, 9/23. Use this document (click here) to help organize the information, and be ready to turn it in for points.
- Resume presentation: Wednesday, 9/23.
- Read through chapter 18 for Thursday, 9/24. Expect a quiz!
- Bring (if you like) a prompt for one of your college applications for Friday, 9/25.
Week of 9/14
- Read "The Wife's Lament"; why is she in exile? What does this poem suggest about Anglo-Saxon marriage, culture, and gender expectations. Be ready to share your ideas on Tuesday, 9/15.
- If you were absent on Thursday, 9/17, please watch the following video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C0sFXU0SLo Take notes, and you may use them on the quiz.
- Quiz on Michael Woods' Beowulf documentary: Friday, 9/18.