Directions for Setting up Your English Blog:
A Note on Safety: Since these blogs will be public so as to allow you access to each of your classmates’ blog, we will take the following measures to protect your identity:
- Use only your first name on your blog; do not use your last name anywhere, including the title, URL, or in your profile.
- Do not put Olympia or Olympia High School anywhere in your profile.
- Do not post pictures of yourself in your blog. Use an avatar for your profile picture.
- Your blog address (URL) MUST BE Class Period Number, Class Period, First Name, Last Initial (for example, 1EmmaG)
- You are REQUIRED to use your school email for this blog. DO NOT USE YOUR PERSONAL EMAIL ADDRESS.
Step One: Set up your email account: If you’ve already signed in to your email before, skip to Step Two.
- Go to OHS website
- Go to Student Email
- Set up your email account (password is your 6-digit lunch account/student number)
Step Two: Create your Blogger Account
- Go to “blogger.com”
- Sign in using your student email account. Remember to type in “@students.osd.wednet.edu” after your user name. Your password should be your student number.
- Choose “create a limited blogger profile.” You should not choose Google+ for this!
- Display name: first name, last initial (to protect your privacy.)
Step Three: Create a New Blog:
- Click “New Blog”
Blog Title: You choose! (It could be as simple as “Hannah’s English Blog”)
Blog Address (URL): MUST BE: Class Period, First Name, Last Initial
If this URL is unavailable, add the second letter of your last name.
Choose a Template. Pick whichever you like best. You can customize it later if you like.
Step Four: Get Access to Class Assignments in “Reading List”
Click “Add” and add Mrs. Gilman’s blog. http://greathonorsenglish.blogspot.com/- this will let you immediately see any new posts (assignments.)