Welcome to the Career Center
Listed below are many links to different websites that can offer guidance and resources for students and parents. The Career Center also houses additional resources in text form, and a small bank of computers for online access to countless sources of information. Please feel free to come by and use them!
Our Career Center staff are available to offer assistance to both students and parents as they explore potential careers and post-high school options. It's quickest and easiest to reach us via email. We are here to help you!
Career and College Counselor
Career and College Specialist
MONDAY 7:15 am – 2:55 pm
MONDAY 7:00 am – 2:45 pm
Great career and college exploration links:
Hot link 1-http://www.careerbridge.wa.gov/
Hot link 3- http://www.knowhow2go.org/freshmen.php
Hot link 6- https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/
Hot link 7- http://www.mynextmove.org/
Hot link 8- http://www.careeronestop.org/
Hot link 9- http://www.collegemajors101.com/
Hot link 10 - http://www.washingtonaerospace.com/12_weeks.html (Washington Aerospace Training & Research Center)
Hot link 11 - https://www.efficientlearning.com/accounting-career-guide/ (Accounting Career Information Guide)
Career Center Workshop Schedule During Bear Time (some dates TBD)
February 17 Pathways Other Than College - Career Exploration & Planning. Pathways Exploration (9-12) Gain insight on your passions, purpose, vision & vocation. What do you love to do and how can you get paid for it? Discover new pathways to achieve your post high school interests.
March 10 Rock Star Resume - Resume Writing & Interview Skills (11-12). You really want a job but have little experience. Learn about how you can best promote and market your skills to an employer for an entry level position.
April 14 SPSCC Registration (12th only) Get enrolled at SPSCC with the Admissions staff. Get all of your registration questions answered. Complete required documents and financial aid information so you can sign up for classes in September 2017.
MultiCare Nurse Camp. (www.multicare.org/nursecamp or contact firstname.lastname@example.org) Only Sophomores and Juniors can apply. At MultiCare Nurse Camp, you will join professional nurses and other allied health care providers as they care for patients in the Emergency Department, Intensive Care Unit, Cancer Center, Labor & Delivery, Pediatric Care and Adult Surgical Care areas. You will also participate in hands-on station rotations, mock codes, and even visit a local nursing school. Application Deadline: March 3, 2017.
Microsoft Summer High School Paid Internship. (https://careers.microsoft.com/students/highschool) This paid 10-week summer program offers an exciting opportunity to work side-by-side with software engineering teams on real Microsoft technical projects. Get valuable experience, contribute to meaningful work, and receive support from a mentor (eligible for Puget Sound students only). Qualifications:
- High school juniors and seniors in the Puget Sound region of Washington state
- Have demonstrated an interest in technology
- Have a basic grasp of HTML, Visual Basic, or other programming language
- Be at least 16 years old and have a legal right to work in the U.S. for the duration of the internship (not required for the High School Bootcamp)
- Be available to work full-time for 10 consecutive weeks (June 19 - August 25, 2017) or be available to attend all 3 days of the High School Bootcamp (August 9 - 11, 2017)
- Have not previously been hired as a Microsoft High School Intern (previous High School Bootcamp attendees are encouraged to apply for the Internship Program)
- All high school students in the Puget Sound region are welcome to apply. We strongly encourage underrepresented groups to apply, including women, Native Americans, African-Americans, Latino/Hispanics, and students with disabilities.